WHAT NOT BRING - • Appliances with exposed heating elements
• Immersion coils
• Overloaded electrical outlets (more than 3 appliances per outlet or multiple plug adapters).
Use power strips with circuit breakers that shut off when overloaded.
• Space heaters
• Live Christmas trees
• Extension cords under rugs
• More than 3 strands of lights
• Halogen lamps and sun lamps
• Incense, incense paraphernalia, candles (regardless if for decorative purposes).
Electric potpourri burners are permitted. Candles for religious purposes must have prior approval from the Director of
• Oil lamps
• Fireworks (including sparklers)
• Tapestries and other wall hangings (including flags and posters that cover more than 1/2 of the wall space.
None should be hung on the ceiling or from the sprinklers.
• Dart Boards
• Gasoline powered items (i.e. moped, motorcycles) or other components. Any gasoline-powered mode of transportation
MUST be stored outside, and NOT on apartment balconies.
• Hoverboards (by any name or brand)
• Any mind-altering substance (including synthetic drugs and abused prescription medication)
• Hookahs & similar smoking devices
• Alcoholic beverages
• Any alcohol related items that include alcohol in its packing and intended use, including but not limited to:
(1) Alcohol bottles for decorative or any other purposes
(2) “Beer bongs” or other items that promote the consumption of alcohol
(3) “Beer pong tables” and other items that promote “games” designed for alcohol consumption
• Barbeque grill
• All flammable and combustible liquids including, but not limited to thinners, chemicals, gasoline, and an incendiary
• Switch blades, knives with a blade over 3” (with the exception of a kitchen knife)
• Guns, rifles, handguns, paintball guns, bb-guns, ammunition, and any weapon (or lookalike/toy) regardless if for
• Any weapon or ordinary item used/wielded as a weapon.
• Pets, with the exception of fish in the maximum of a 10-gallon tank.
• Road Signs (i.e. parking, street, stop), parking cones, etc.
• Window air-conditioning units
• Cooking appliances in bedrooms
College Checklists, a School Family Media service, provides checklists to help students find and shop for everything they need for college. School Family Media is not affiliated with or sponsored by Allegany College of Maryland.
who we are
College Checklists, brought to you by TeacherLists, provides students with the exact checklist for their specific college plus convenient one-click shopping. By knowing exactly what to bring and what not to bring—and easily getting everything they need—students arrive prepared.