WHAT NOT BRING - The following items should be left at home:
* Appliances with an open flame or open coil burner or requires gas or other flammable liquids, burning incense, and candles
* Extension cords, electric room deodorizers and candle warmers, sun lamps, halogen lamps, and air conditioners
* Ammunition and weapons of any kind: guns, explosive devices, bowie knives, daggers, swords, slingshots, leaded canes, switch-blade knives, blackjacks, metallic/brass knuckles, etc.
* Alcohol, illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia
* Water beds
* Weight lifting equipment
* Live Christmas trees, combustion engines, combustibles, explosives, fire crackers
* Pets other than fish. Fish must be kept in a container no larger than 10 gallons
* Stolen property (street signs, etc.)
* Any item considered dangerous or offensive to others
You may view the full text of rules and regulations of Housing and Residence Life online here: https://www.etsu.edu/students/housing/documents/2018_etsu_housing_handbook.pdf
College Checklists, a School Family Media service, provides checklists to help students find and shop for everything they need for college. School Family Media is not affiliated with or sponsored by East Tennessee State University.
who we are
College Checklists, brought to you by TeacherLists, provides students with the exact checklist for their specific college plus convenient one-click shopping. By knowing exactly what to bring and what not to bring—and easily getting everything they need—students arrive prepared.