Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis - Ball Hall Packing List
WHAT NOT BRING - The following items are prohibited in campus residential facilities regardless of these items being your property or the property of your guest:
• Candles (lit or unlit) or any other appliances that make on open flame or have exposed heating elements are prohibited in all residential facilities. Wax/oil warmers that do not have an open flame or element and tarts (without wicks) are allowed.
• Ceiling fans
• Firearms, including BB & paintball guns, bows/arrows, blow guns, tasers, and martial arts weapons, etc. are strictly prohibited and may lead to immediate eviction from housing.
• Knives and other weapons.
• Personal grills of any kind are not allowed. Common area grills are provided around the Riverwalk
Apartments which residents may use.
• Highly flammable items such as fireworks, turpentine, incendiary devices, or other dangerous explosives/liquids.
• Electronic cigarettes, vaporizing devises, or items designed or altered for the use of illegal drugs.
• Fog machines
• Halogen lights (including neon lights and black lights) and lava lamps.
• Lofts/Loft kits
• Pets: University environmental health and safety regulations, prohibit the possession of animals, including but not limited to, dogs, cats, birds, alive or dead, and laboratory specimens in the University housing facilities. Maximum of 15 gallons for fish tank(s) per room.
• Space heaters
• Other items that are identified as posing health or safety risks to the campus community.
• "Hover Boards", electric scooters, or similar are prohibited within all residence hall facilities.
In addition, the following items are prohibited in Ball Residence Hall, University Tower, and North Hall:
• Air conditioning units - Air conditioning units not provided and installed by the Office of Housing and Residence Life are not allowed in any residential facility.
• Deep fryers
• George Foreman grill or similar product
• Microwaves - Residents can use the microwaves that are provided in select common areas. Residents are responsible for cleaning the common use microwaves after each use.
• Open-element cooking items such as hot plates, toasters, toaster
ovens, sterno cookers, fondue pots, etc.
College Checklists, a School Family Media service, provides checklists to help students find and shop for everything they need for college. School Family Media is not affiliated with or sponsored by Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis.
who we are
College Checklists, brought to you by TeacherLists, provides students with the exact checklist for their specific college plus convenient one-click shopping. By knowing exactly what to bring and what not to bring—and easily getting everything they need—students arrive prepared.