WHAT NOT BRING - - Waterbed
- Loft unit
- Large refrigerators (greater than 3 cubic feet) or more than one per room
- Pets (except fish in tanks 10 gallons or less)
- Candles or incense
- Halogen or “lava” lamps
- Cooking appliances such as a toaster, toaster oven, microwave oven, popcorn poppers, or anything with a heating coil. A coffee maker is OK. Microwaves in a Microfridge unit are permissible (available for rent at www.collegerefrigerators.com)
- Curtains or large tapestry/wall hanging
- Paper lanterns
- Weapons of any kind
- Acetylene/Propane torches, oil lamps, or any open flame device
- Space Heaters
For additional information about what you should or should not bring to campus, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
College Checklists, a School Family Media service, provides checklists to help students find and shop for everything they need for college. School Family Media is not affiliated with or sponsored by Rhode Island School of Design.
who we are
College Checklists, brought to you by TeacherLists, provides students with the exact checklist for their specific college plus convenient one-click shopping. By knowing exactly what to bring and what not to bring—and easily getting everything they need—students arrive prepared.