Southern Illinois University Carbondale Apartments Move In List
WHAT NOT BRING - The following items are prohibited. Dining violations may result in a $25 fine
for a first offense and a $50 fine for each subsequent offense.
1. Bringing Prohibited Items into Dining Hall: Outside food or drinks, shopping bags,
basketballs, skateboards, hover boards, skates, large items and any other items
designated by University Housing as prohibited are not permitted in dining hall.
2. Removing Items from Dining Hall: Carrying dinnerware, utensils, equipment, food or
drinks from the dining hall is not permitted – backpacks may be searched.
3. Inappropriate Attire: Entering a dining hall without proper attire is not permitted – shoes,
shirts, pants/shorts/skirts, etc. are required. Clothing must fully cover undergarments.
4. Misusing an ID:
a. Attempting to use another person’s ID for entry is prohibited.
b. Allowing another person to attempt to use your ID is prohibited.
c. Using or attempting to use a fraudulent ID is prohibited.
5. Unacceptable Behavior: Behaving in a manner that interferes with business; such as
throwing food or making noise which makes it difficult for other students to engage in
conversation, treating fellow patrons and staff without courtesy and respect, and cursing
or otherwise using abusive language; is prohibited.
6. Amplified Sound: Using electronic devices with amplified sound without the use of
headphones is prohibited.
For the full list, check out the Residence Handbook: https://bit.ly/3dx7F3f
College Checklists, a School Family Media service, provides checklists to help students find and shop for everything they need for college. School Family Media is not affiliated with or sponsored by Southern Illinois University Carbondale.
who we are
College Checklists, brought to you by TeacherLists, provides students with the exact checklist for their specific college plus convenient one-click shopping. By knowing exactly what to bring and what not to bring—and easily getting everything they need—students arrive prepared.