WHAT NOT BRING - • Extension Cords or Multi-Plug Outlets*
• String Lights – including holiday and rope lights
• Incense and Candles – even if unlit
• Upward-facing bowl lamps & Spider lamps*
• Halogen, Lava, & Neon Lights
• Alcohol and Illegal Drugs
• Alcohol/Drug/Smoking Paraphernalia – empty bottles, shot glasses, hookahs, bongs, grinders, signage, etc
• Furniture – mattresses, futons, couches, etc
• Large tapestries
• Pepper Spray/Mace – with or without FID card
• Animals, including fish – except as allowed by the “Pets and Service Animal and Assistance Animal Policy”
• Weapons – as described in the “Weapons Policy”
Not Living in an Apartment:
Toasters, Toaster Ovens, George Foreman (or similar) Grills are NOT permitted
In Any Living Situation:
Hot Plates, Electric Frying Pans, and Oil Fryers are NOT Permitted.
General Rule: Any cooking item with anopen coil or hot plate is not permitted – except as noted above for apartments.
For a full list of prohibited items, please refer to the Residence Life and Housing Policies accessible at: http://www2.suffolk.edu/studenthandbooks/2443.html
College Checklists, a School Family Media service, provides checklists to help students find and shop for everything they need for college. School Family Media is not affiliated with or sponsored by Suffolk University.
who we are
College Checklists, brought to you by TeacherLists, provides students with the exact checklist for their specific college plus convenient one-click shopping. By knowing exactly what to bring and what not to bring—and easily getting everything they need—students arrive prepared.