WHAT NOT BRING - The Top 10 Things NOT to Bring With you To a UCA Residence Hall:
10. Too Much Furniture: All Residence Halls & Apartments come furnished and the UCA property that’s in the room cannot be removed from the room for storage.
9. Loft Beds: Due to a wide variety of safety concerns we cannot allow loft beds of any type in UCA Housing. Approved lofting kits may be available on a limited basis in Baridon Hall and Bear Hall.
8. Weapons or Illegal Drugs: Both items are not permitted on campus. Please see UCAPD for information about storing your hunting weapons.
7. Hot Plates: Due to fire risks and safety concerns residence hall residents are not permitted to have this type of appliance in their rooms. Apartment residents are permitted a wider selection of approved appliances, please see the Student Handbook for more details.
6. Toasters; Due to fire risks and safety concerns residence hall residents are not permitted to have this type of appliance in their rooms. Apartment residents are permitted a wider selection of approved appliances, please see the Student Handbook for more details.
5. Pets; While furry friends are fun, we cannot allow students to bring them to reside in UCA Housing. However, residents are permitted to have a fish tank and fish.
4. Alcohol: UCA is a dry campus. Both underage and of age students are not allowed to have alcohol on campus.
3. Microwaves: Due to the electrical output required to operate a microwave we cannot allow most residence hall students to have microwaves. However, micro-fridges are allowed and details about renting a unit are available on their website: collegefridge.com. Baridon, Bear, Donaghey, Farris, and New Hall are the only residence halls allowed to have microwaves.
2. Candles: Due to obvious fire safety risks we cannot allow candles with wicks to be brought into any UCA Housing facility. However, decorative candles with the wicks removed are allowed.
1. Extension Cords: Due to the high fire risk when an extension cord is overloaded, we cannot allow them in any UCA Housing facility. Surge protectors with a reset switch are permitted because when they are overloaded they shut off, decreasing the risk of fire.
College Checklists, a School Family Media service, provides checklists to help students find and shop for everything they need for college. School Family Media is not affiliated with or sponsored by University of Central Arkansas.
who we are
College Checklists, brought to you by TeacherLists, provides students with the exact checklist for their specific college plus convenient one-click shopping. By knowing exactly what to bring and what not to bring—and easily getting everything they need—students arrive prepared.